1. Describe the product you have chosen.
Cocoon: Vietnam’s local vegan cosmetics- made from agriculture produces from appropriate regions of Vietnam.
2. Why do you consider it circular?
The brand is transparent about materials used, supports local communities and animal rights organizations. Online shipment package has no plastic.
3. Which principles of CE models are being used?
Product design: from responsible resources, excludes toxic materials. Customers can exchange 5 empty containers for 1 new product.
4. What are the economic and environmental benefits?
Economic: long-term customers, supports locals=> decrease inequality. Environment: reduce emission from transportation, use lands for sustainable farming.
5. Which one of the “5 business-models” does it belong to? Refill.
2.2 What is the next big thing in sustainable product design? (2-3 sentences)
Repurpose what we already have to meet the needs without extracting new resources, and to give new life to current end-of-lifetime products.