1. Why do you think it is circular?
They design shoes (among other products) that aim to stay in use over the course of years, while staying easy to maintain by the end user.
2. Which principles of CE models are being used?
1) Design out waste -
The design is simple, and focuses on protecting the sole of the foot. Everything else is support structure for that one purpose. There are not 15 sizes, there are only 5 and the variation in the design covers everything in between.
2) Keep products and materials in use
A child does not need 5-10 pairs of shoes as they grow up, they only need one pair.
3. What are the economic and environmental benefits?
Environmental - Recyclable materials, long product life.
Economic - Low cost, lean production, local manufacture helps local communities.
4. Which one of the 5 business-models does it belong to?
Long Life - The shoes are designed with durability above all else, and the simple design is easy to disassemble to remanufacture new ones.
5. Please add a link to the company’s site.