1. Describe the product you have chosen.
Some Uniqlo clothes are made of recycled plastic bottles. Also, they produce stylish bags incorporating yarn from nylon thread waste that garment production processes conventionally discards.
2. Why do you consider it circular?
They not only use the waste (plastic) to make their new products, they also use the waste from their production to make stylish bags. I think they follow the principle of recycling and reusing.
3. Which principles of CE models are being used?
Product design and keep looping. They considered the circular economy in product design and designed clothes that can be produced from waste plastic bottles. At the same time, they continue to recycle and use production waste to make other products.
4. What are the economic and environmental benefits?
For the economy, they save costs by recycling waste and allow consumers to buy good products at a cheaper price. For the environment, they not only reduce their own pollution, but also recycle waste in the environment.
5. Which one of the “5 business-models” does it belong to?
Waste to wealth. Waste plastic bottles are originally garbage that is difficult to degrade, but Uniqlo recycles them into clothes, turning garbage into wealth.
6. Please add a link to the company’s site.