Sutok Environmental Engineering
The company practices consulting, design and management of environmental projects. The company has practical experience in wastewater treatment, licensing, project management and risk surveys. The company covers all the permits necessary for the plant at the most professional level, has great service awareness and high availability, ties up all “lose ends”, gives personal treatment and works closely with the plant staff. The Sutok company gives a broad and extensive response by collaborating with the world’s largest advisory, design and waste treatment companies.
Our areas of expertise:
1. Industrial wastewater treatment
Total coverage that includes regulatory response and optimal wastewater treatment at the plant or outside of it.
1.1 Overall waste management in the plant
Wastewater survey, separation and cataloging of all flows at the source, advisory and guidance in the setup of wastewater treatment devices at the plant. Matching each waste type in the plant with the lowest-cost, most fitting treatment plants, and coordination of transport to the treatment sites. Proper management lowers costs to the plant and environmental pollution.
1.2 Municipal waste management
Sutok is cooperating with the biggest waste concerns in Europe, providing the state of the art technologies in order to sort, reuse and recycle the waste to raw materials.
1.3 Overseas export of wastes
In many cases there are wastes for which the treatment cost is especially high. In our experience, export of organic waste that is of caloric value may reduce treatment costs significantly. In certain cases, the total cost was reduced by more than 3000 NIS (approx. 700 €) per ton, in comparison to the treatment cost in Israel. In addition, treatment plants overseas may even pay the waste exporter for certain high-calorie wastes. A company that exports organic waste could save hundreds of thousands of shekels each year. In most cases, energy is gained during the treatment by burning the waste, yet there are additional treatments such as physicochemical treatment, thermal treatment, solvent recycling, oil recycling to base oils, etc.
1.4 emissions survey
estimates of emissions quantity, professional advice and licensing with authorities.
1.5 Fitting of state of the art technologies
according to the plant’s requirements- water and energy saving and treatment of existing wastewater.
2. Treatment of contaminated soil
2.1.1 Historical survey.
2.1.2 Soil Survey.
2.1.3 Risk survey according to IRBCA.
2.1.4 Treatment of contaminated soils in situ ex-situ.
3.1 Changing the customer prosses in order to create a sustainable product.
3.2 Making product from waste.
4.1 Process survey including various ways to reduce operating costs such as water, energy, production of waste and wastewater.
4.2 Investigation of different alternatives regarding wastewater, waste, energy and water.
4.3 Costs reduction in the supply chain.
5. Establishment of projects and initiatives
Guidance and setup at all project stages
5.1 Analyzing the compliance of the project with the existing rules and regulations.
5.2 Licensing with all authorities.
5.3 Market surveys and identification of needs.
5.4 Supplier surveys and technology inspections.
5.5 Pilot setup.
5.6 Project planning and setup.
5.7 Professional guidance.
6.1 Composition of a factory file.
6.2 Composition of safety regulations.
6.3 Composition of hazard survey according to HAZOP&HAZAN.
7. Regulation and licensing of businesses
Issuing of all the necessary forms for the business’ license. Advice and guidance in the process of licensing with the authorities.
7.1 Permits for the Ministry of Environmental Protection-
7.1.1 Hazardous materials permit.
7.1.2 PRTR (Pollutant Release and Transfer Register) report.
7.1.3 Chimney reports, emissions permit.
7.1.4 Process survey.
7.1.5 IPPC regime.
7.1.6 Environmental impact survey.
7.1.7 Annual reports.
7.2 HFC (Home Front Command) permit.
7.3 Fire department permit.
7.4 Local authorities permit for building- environmental survey.
8. Standardization, licensing, implementation of standards
8.1 Licensing & implementing ISO 14001.
8.2 Licensing & implementing ISO 9001.
8.3 Licensing & implementing OHSAS18001.
Company founder engineer Maor Diminsky is a Technion Environmental Engineering graduate, acknowledged twice for the Technion President’s List. In his previous job as the head technologist (CTO) of the Eco Oil plant, he handled the licensing of the plant, took care of finding solutions for operational and environmental issues, as well as the setup of different projects from the market survey stage to guidance in the everyday operation.
Examples from different work types:
1. Problem solving for a factory- Over 3000 tons of industrial wastewater (in containers) were in a combined pile with no previous knowledge of the content or different risk factors. Field analyses were done in order to sort and treat the wastewater, and the problem was fully resolved. The process of sorting, classifying and cataloging required knowledge and a deep understanding of the chemical and operational processes. During the project, the plant saved millions of shekels by using waste as raw material and finding the relevant suppliers in Israel and overseas.
2. Setup of a washing device for iso tanks and containers that was recently opened for use at the Eco Oil plant- Arrangement of a market survey, finding of suppliers, setup and planning, formulation of a business plan, finding customers, and professional guidance during operation.
3. Introduction to the Israeli regulation system and working with different entities such as the Ministry of Environmental Protection, the Ministry of Health, the HFC, and fire departments. Issuing of all permits and licensing for the plant such as waste export permits, resulting in hundreds of thousands of shekels in annual savings for the customer.
4. Collaboration with the Ministry of Environmental Protection regarding the issuing of the first broad management permit in Israel, as well as classification of wastes in accordance to the international conventions, and formulation of guidelines and adjustments for factories.
Glad to be of service to you,
For General Terms and Conditions of Business - Sutok Environmental Engineering - please click here